Helping You Call Australia Home

Skilled Visas – Need Help & Advice With Your Application?

Our professional Solicitors and Registered Migration Agents will be able to advice and assistance in relation to your permanent skilled visa to Australia. If you are granted a permanent skilled visa you will be able to:

  • live and work in Australia on a permanent basis
  • sponsor your family members to live in Australia
  • have access to Medicare
  • access social security payments
  • study in Australia
  • be eligible for Australian citizenship

Skilled visas are granted to persons in occupations who have the education, skills and employment attributes to contribute to the Australian economy and society. These can be applied for onshore in Australia or overseas.

The general criteria for a skilled visa require the applicant to show that:

  • they have obtained a skilled assessment from a relevant assessing body;
  • demonstrated relevant work experience, if applicable;
  • completed a diploma or degree at an Australian tertiary institution (2 year course), if applicable;
  • meet the English requirement;
  • meet the points test

They must also:

  • pay the applicable visa application charge, and
  • meet character and health criteria

Points Test

For certain visas you may receive points for the following categories :

  • age,
  • English language ability,
  • length of time employed in your nominated occupation in Australia,
  • length of time employed in your nominated occupation overseas,
  • educational qualifications obtained in Australia
  • educational qualifications obtained in Australia in a regional area,
  • educational qualifications obtained overseas,
  • completion of a professional year,
  • for having a partner,
  • nominated by a State or Territory government agency,
    • nomination by a State or Territory government under a State Migration Plan or sponsorship by a relative to a designated area,
    • and ability to speak a community language, and
    • nominate an occupation on the Skilled Occupation List (MLTSSL).

The points test applies to the following skilled visas:

  • Regional Sponsored Visa;
  • Skilled Independent Visa;
  • Skilled Sponsored Visa; and,
  • Skilled Regional Sponsored Visa

You can apply for a skilled visa from inside Australia or outside Australia depending on your eligibility.

For more information about these visas, or to speak to any of our experienced solicitors and Registered Migration Agents, please contact us for a consultation. We highly recommend a consultation with one of our agents; even if you are making an inquiry.

This is because our agents will draw you your migration plan or pathway in how to obtain your Australian Permanent Residence and the fastest and easiest way to achieve this. Furthermore, our agents will be able to provide you with information in relation to any loopholes or any obstacles you may encounter and any future barriers you will need to be aware of.

Talk to us today about a Skilled Visa – Contact Us


Copyright © International Migration