Student visas are granted to persons enrolled at or studying at schools, colleges or universities. You must first enrol in a course. The following documents should be attached to your visa application:
- Certified copy of bio-data passport page & visa labels if applicable;
- Confirmation of Enrolment and Letter of Acceptance;
- Previous School or college certificates from you country of origin in Bahasa Indonesia and English translation;
- Bank statements for the last 3 months.
They must also:
- pay the applicable visa application charge, and
- meet character and health criteria.
The types of student visas available include:
- Independent ELICOS (English Language Intensive Courses for Overseas Students) (Subclass 570)
- Schools (Subclass 571)
- Vocational education and training (Subclass 572)
- Higher education (Subclass 573)
- Postgraduate research (Subclass 574)
- Non-award (Subclass 575)
- AusAID or Defence (Subclass 576)
You will be required to be assessed by the Department of Immigration and given an assessment level. The Department’s website states that:
“They serve to align student visa requirements to the immigration risk posed by applicants from a particular country studying in a particular education sector. Assessment Level 1 represents the lowest immigration risk and Assessment Level 5 the highest. The higher the Assessment Level, the greater the evidence an applicant is required to demonstrate to support their claims for the grant of a student visa.”
If you are from a country with assessment level 1 you pose the least risk to the Department. If you are from a country with assessment level 5 you pose the greatest risk to the Department of overstaying your visa or breaching your visa conditions. The higher the risk level you are you will need to provide additional evidence of your true intention to study in Australia.
For information on applicable health and police checks, IELTS testing, and Assurance of Support (AOS) please click here.
Talk to us today about which Student Visa is right for you – Contact Us