Helping You Call Australia Home

Working Holiday Visas Made Easy

Working Holiday visa (Subclass 417)

Working Holiday visas were introduced to allow young people from eligible countries to enter Australia for holiday and work.

You will be eligible for the Working Holiday visa if you hold a passport from one of the following countries:

Belgium, Canada, Republic of Cyprus, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Republic of Ireland, Italy, Japan, Republic of Korea, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, Taiwan and United Kingdom.

A Working Holiday visa is for people aged between 18 and 30. You must not be 31 years of age when you apply for the visa.

If you have been granted a Working Holiday visa you can:

  • enter Australia within 12 months of grant
  • stay up to 12 months
  • leave and re-enter Australia multiple occasions while the visa is valid
  • work for up to 6 months with each employer
  • study for up to 4 months.

If you hold a second Working Holiday visa, you may work for your former employer again for a further 6 months.

For information on applicable health and police checks, IELTS testing, and Assurance of Support (AOS) please click here.

Talk to us today about a Working Holiday Visa – Contact Us


Copyright © International Migration